Church of All Worlds Clergy
The Work of a CAW Priest or Priestess
An active Priest or Priestess of the Church of All Worlds is expected to…
A. Be an active religious and spiritual leader for a CAW congregation, which may include:
- Mentoring Nests and other CAW members;
- Understanding and practicing Clergy Confidentiality;
- Training apprentices to become future Clergy of CAW;
- Designing/scripting/leading CAW rituals large and small;
- Channeling and aspecting Divinity in rituals and Mysteries;
- Facilitating and being an active member of a Nest or Branch;
- Teaching classes and/or workshops for CAW members and others;
- Planning/facilitating/sponsoring CAW festivals or other major events;
- Mediating disputes according to the “CAW Guidelines for Conflict Resolution”
- Providing wise Pastoral Counseling (sex, relationships, abuse, grief, divination, etc.);
- Performing rites of passage, initiations, and other personal rituals for CAW members and others.
B. Be an active, participating member of the Clergy Council, which may include:
- Participating in Clergy visioning;
- Participating in on-line communications;
- Attending regional and national meetings;
- Maintaining contact with fellow Clergy members;
- Helping to draft official position statements based on CAW precepts.
- Contributing to the CAW Membership Handbook, Clergy Handbook, HOME Cooking, etc.
C. Be a leader in the national CAW organization; disseminate the CAW Vision to all. This may include:
- Writing for CAW blogs & publications;
- Serving on an active CAW Council or Committee;
- Participating on one or more e-lists and/or FaceBook;
- Giving interviews on CAW and Paganism to various media;
- Serving on the CAW Board of Directors or National Management Council;
- Representing CAW as an ambassador at interfaith conferences and Pagan events;
- Understanding and articulating CAW philosophy, theology, precepts and Vision to others.