Church of All Worlds Clergy
(An application and instructions will be emailed once the fee is received. Fee will be refunded if application is denied for any reason.)
The Work of a CAW Priest or Priestess
An active Priest or Priestess of the Church of All Worlds is expected to…
A. Be an active religious and spiritual leader for a CAW congregation, which may include:
- Mentoring Nests and other CAW members;
- Understanding and practicing Clergy Confidentiality;
- Training apprentices to become future Clergy of CAW;
- Designing/scripting/leading CAW rituals large and small;
- Channeling and aspecting Divinity in rituals and Mysteries;
- Facilitating and being an active member of a Nest or Branch;
- Teaching classes and/or workshops for CAW members and others;
- Planning/facilitating/sponsoring CAW festivals or other major events;
- Mediating disputes according to the “CAW Guidelines for Conflict Resolution”
- Providing wise Pastoral Counseling (sex, relationships, abuse, grief, divination, etc.);
- Performing rites of passage, initiations, and other personal rituals for CAW members and others.
B. Be an active, participating member of the Clergy Council, which may include:
- Participating in Clergy visioning;
- Participating in on-line communications;
- Attending regional and national meetings;
- Maintaining contact with fellow Clergy members;
- Helping to draft official position statements based on CAW precepts.
- Contributing to the CAW Membership Handbook, Clergy Handbook, HOME Cooking, etc.
C. Be a leader in the national CAW organization; disseminate the CAW Vision to all. This may include:
- Writing for CAW blogs & publications;
- Serving on an active CAW Council or Committee;
- Participating on one or more e-lists and/or FaceBook;
- Giving interviews on CAW and Paganism to various media;
- Serving on the CAW Board of Directors or National Management Council;
- Representing CAW as an ambassador at interfaith conferences and Pagan events;
- Understanding and articulating CAW philosophy, theology, precepts and Vision to others.